Liposuction surgery recently gained huge popularity in western countries. Keeping the weight in proportion to body shape and strength of the skeletal system has become particularly difficult at the present time. Sedentary lifestyle, stress, irregular meals and often poor nutrition are to blame. Liposuction procedure is often confused with weight loss surgery, which is a mistake. Liposuction is modeling the figure but it does not contribute to the significant weight loss. Adipose tissue located in the treated part is being turned into beads, and then removed from the body. For whom is this treatment?
- For those who have a problem with getting rid of fat in specific parts of the body
- For people whose adipose tissue is not evenly distributed, which affect body proportions
In our clinic liposuction surgery is performed by Power – Assisted – Lipoplasty (PAL) using the most modern medical equipment Micro – Aire, imported from the United States. Studies have shown that once removed adipose tissue usually does not return, therefore, any subsequent changes in weight should not affect body proportion obtained from liposuction. An additional advantage of PAL method is the ability to achieve high precision and relatively low invasiveness of treatment. The decision to submit to treatment is often difficult, despite the protests of excessively loaded skeletal system, and a sense of helplessness when all natural fat burning methods have failed. Most patients who decide on operational method of body shaping, have had many unsuccessful attempts to get rid of excess fat through exercise and different diets. In their case, the treatment is necessary, especially as an aggravating skeleton weight sooner or later have a negative impact on health. Nowadays, toned body is considered a must. Despite the fact that being overweight is a serious threat to the health, people that are slim and proportionally built are seen as more attractive. Proportional silhouette is strongly associated with the activity, energy, youth and vitality. This opinion is of course justified, because person with the right body weight is usually physically fitter and healthier than the overweight one. Preparation for operation:
- Do the tests prescribed by a physician necessary for qualification to the surgery.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor for medication, to assist the body before surgery.
- 2-4 weeks before surgery quit smoking or at least limit the number of cigarettes.
- Two weeks before surgery it is forbidden to take aspirin (and any other medicine that contains salicylic acid) and herbal supplements that affect blood thickness.
Liposuction is an art. It is a way of artistic self-expression by:
- the practical application of scientific knowledge
- the creation of beauty
- perfection of work
- continuous efforts to improve technique
- the skills acquired during the years of experience as a surgeon … and above all …
- making people feel happy with themselves.
Art, however, should be closely linked with security. The word art proofs the surgeon’s skills and craftsmanship of the treatment technique used. In order to achieve excellence in art, the surgeon must have the skill and intelligence to avoid exposing patients to unnecessary risk. A true artist in his art achieve best possible results and uses the most secure technology … and never forgets his most important duty, first – do no harm (!). In practice, this means that even if the patient wants to undergo surgery to remove a large amount of body fat in one operating session, the physician should be able to convince him to divide this procedure to the series of minor surgeries. That would be safer solution while giving much better (more precise) results of operation. Liposuction surgery is usually performed under general anesthesia (the type of anesthesia may depend on the amount of fat and area treated). The special fluid that changes fat cells in the beads is administrated and the beads are then removed from the body. In order to be able to enter the cannula necessary to perform liposuction, plastic surgeon has to make a small incision. However, due to the fact that the diameter of the cannula is only 2.5 mm, the scars formed by the incision are practically invisible. These cuts are protected by stitches (to be removed seven days after surgery) or special patches (STERI STRIP). After the procedure patient has to wear a special gown compression, which in the first hours after the operation is designed to reduce bleeding, and in the recovery period reduces the swelling of the operated part of the body.
All patients must be aware of the fact that the vast majority of postoperative complications are the result of too large liposuction (too many parts of the body treated or too large amount of fat removed). The operational procedures not associated with liposuction should not be performed during the same session. Extending the time of anesthesia increases the risk of postoperative complications. You should know that sometimes as a result of liposuction irregularities may occur on the skin (the structure of subcutaneous tissue may be uneven). The thinner the cannula used during the operation, the greater the precision of the surgery performed. In most cases, these irregularities are temporary and they may be eliminated by appropriate surgical massage of the treated body parts.
With the operation getting to the end each patient is fitted to a special garment to be worn for a period of 4 to 6 weeks (according to doctor’s instructions). As a result of the treatment the body is bruised and swollen. However these symptoms are “hidden” under compression and usually disappear within few weeks. After the treatment patients receive a special list of post-operative instructions, which describe how to take prescribed medications, how to take care of the operated parts of the body, what patient can do after surgery, and what is forbidden. For example the sauna, solarium (except spray tanning) and sunbathing is definitely not recommended for a period of 4 to 6 months. Complementary treatments may also be recommended, in order to reduce excess skin remaining as a results of operation. The other surgeries are particularly needed when patient lost more than 4 liters of fat. Patients who experience shortness of breath, chest pain or irregular heartbeat, should report this to a doctor to diagnose the cause of these abnormal postoperative symptoms.
Post Operative Recommendation
1. For 6 weeks special, well fitting clothes pressuring the operated body part should be constantly worn:
- for first week non-stop, without taking it off;
- after 7 days take off fitting cloth, gauze and plasters, next take a shower, wash the fitting clothes and put it on for next, what means second week;
- after 2 weeks of constant wearing the fitting (compression)cloth (day and night) you can take it off once a day before taking a shower and put it on again (practise such procedure for 3rd and 4th week);
- during the 5th and 6th week you can wear the compression cloth only at night; if it is possible wear it also during the day,please.
10 days after the surgery, for next 6 weeks
- you should have a massage once a day for 1 hour by kneading the operated parts with your hand or the massage should be made by masseur.
- During the first 6 weeks you cannot do any exercises, e.g aerobic, fitness, swimming, etc.
- Keflex – two times a day one tablet.
- Vitamin C- 3 x 1 tablette (a day) for 2 weeks.
During the first 6 months: sun-bathing, solarium and sauna are forbidden. If you have any doubts you should immediately contact with the Clinic
Hereby we wish to inform that each patient is treated individually. The cases differ between each other, therefore this instructions may be somehow different than those that you will receive from your surgeon after the operation..